DeKalb Education Foundation is pleased to announce the 2018 Wirtz Award Winner…
Travis Erickson, DeKalb High School Music Educator!
He was surprised with the award presentation this morning at DHS.
Travis’ ability to influence, inspire, and motivate students exemplifies the intent of this Wirtz family award.
He will be recognized at the May 1st Board of Education meeting.
Congratulations to Travis from everyone at the DEF!
A NIU Representative on the Writz Committee is retiring this year after 20 years!!
On be half of the DeKalb Education Foundation and District 428, we would like to thank you for your service in the DeKalb Community.
Applications are in the Student Services Office: They are Due to the Office by March 9, 2018
See Kathy Cebulski, counselor, with questions
How to Nominate
Your Colleague for the Wirtz Award for Excellence in Education
- At the beginning of February, choose your nominee who has been exemplary in inspiring students and/or promotes a program that lifts students’ sense of human values and purpose as proposed by the Wirtz family for this award
- Notify your nominee of your nomination
- Complete nomination form
- Solicit three (3) letters of support for your nominee from colleagues, family and/or students.
- Submit the nomination form and three (3) letters to Jennie Hueber,
Education Center, by Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00pm.
Wirtz nomination form 2017-2018
The Wirtz Committee will review all nominees and notify you if your nominee is selected the week of March 19th
- You and your school principal will arrange for a surprise announcement for your nominee the week of April 9th. Contact Sheryl Nak, email@example.com, with your plans so a committee representative can be present.
- The Wirtz Award plaque and honorarium will be presented to the nominee at the May 1st school board meeting.
On behalf of the Wirtz Committee, thank you!