How to Nominate
Your Colleague for the Wirtz Award for Excellence in Education
- At the beginning of February, choose your nominee who has been exemplary in inspiring students and/or promotes a program that lifts students’ sense of human values and purpose as proposed by the Wirtz family for this award
- Notify your nominee of your nomination
- Complete nomination form
- Solicit three (3) letters of support for your nominee from colleagues, family and/or students.
- Submit the nomination form and three (3) letters to Jennie Hueber,
Education Center, by Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00pm.
The Wirtz Committee will review all nominees and notify you if your nominee is selected the week of March 19th
- You and your school principal will arrange for a surprise announcement for your nominee the week of April 9th. Contact Sheryl Nak, email@example.com, with your plans so a committee representative can be present.
- The Wirtz Award plaque and honorarium will be presented to the nominee at the May 1st school board meeting.
On behalf of the Wirtz Committee, thank you!